Dispute Resolution – Litigation and Arbitration
DISPUTE RESOLUTION – LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION
Our Litigation and Disputes team is recognised for its outcome-driven, commercially focussed and practical approach to finding solutions for our clients.
From investment protection or risk management advice through to bet-the- business litigation, GRT Lawyers help our clients to navigate their way through the entire dispute process.
Our team has extensive experience in State, Federal and cross-border litigation. We also have market-leading experience in international commercial arbitration as well as expert adjudication and other forms of ADR, such as mediation.
- Commercial disputes including cross border litigation
- Insolvency and bankruptcy
- Corporations Act matters
- Complex contractual disputes
- Director and shareholder disputes
- Misleading or deceptive conduct, misrepresentation and fraud claims
- Class actions including defence strategy and advice on litigation funding
- Contentious regulatory proceedings involving the ATO, ASIC, Takeovers Panel and overseas regulators
- Trusts disputes
- Joint-venture and partnership disputes
- ICC commercial arbitration between a listed resources company and a global mining company
- Defending a $30M shareholder dispute
- Insolvency disputes for major international and Australian accounting firms (e.g. voidable transaction claims and an urgent Federal Court application to extend the convening period for the second creditors’ meeting)
- Successfully resisted an application to set aside a statutory demand in excess of USD$16M: Palmer Petroleum Pty Ltd v BGP Geoexplorer Pte Ltd  QSC 33
- Successful defence of a A$21 million claim before the Supreme Court of Queensland under a FIDIC EPC contract (for a copper processing plant)
- Landmark Australian litigation concerning an accelerated rights entitlement offer book-build dispute
- Acting for a North American aviation corporation with respect to obtaining expert evidence in Indonesia in connection with forum non conveniens application in the United States
- Successfully mediating a A$5 million claim between disputing company directors/shareholders/unit trust holders
Ashley Hill, the head of our Litigation and Disputes team, has been named in ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ peer review since 2014 in the areas of litigation, commercial arbitration, insurance and product liability.