Senior Corporate Advisor
m 0466 522 700
Esteban is a corporate and commercial lawyer with more than 15 years’ experience in mergers and acquisitions and equity capital markets transactions, both in Australia and involving cross border elements. He has assisted companies both large and small, publicly listed and private to achieve their transactional goals.
Esteban’s career experience spans several industries and sectors including education, energy & resources, construction, government, retail, telecommunications, information technology and banking and finance. In 2017 and 2018 he was named in the Best Lawyers in Australia rankings for equity capital markets and in 2018 for corporate law.
- Australian counsel for the global tech merger between Roku Inc. and DataXu Inc.
- Advising an international intergovernmental body on the establishment of a Pacific climate change resilience financing facility
- Affinity Education Group on the acquisitions and divestments of multiple child care centres throughout Australia
- Starts at 60 on a part-investment by Seven West Media
- GWA Group on the sale of Dux Hot Water to Noritz Corporation, and the sale of Brivis Climate Systems to Rinnai Corporation
- Mastermyne on its scheme of arrangement with Diversified Mining Services
- Collins Foods (KFC franchisee) on its acquisition of Competitive Foods and concurrent investment in Snag Stand restaurants
- Kathmandu’s IPO on ASX
- Tlou Energy’s IPO on ASX
- the joint lead managers to Myer’s IPO on ASX
- the joint lead managers to PrimeAg’s IPO on ASX
- the Future Fund on multiple sell downs of Telstra shares and management of retained holdings
- Asciano’s accelerated non-renounceable rights issue, placements and security purchase plans
- Leighton Holdings’ accelerated renounceable rights issue
- the underwriter to Stockland Group’s accelerated non-renounceable rights issue and placement
- the underwriters to SP AusNet’s accelerated non-renounceable rights issue
- the joint lead managers to Transfield Services’ accelerated non-renounceable rights issue and placement
- Bank of Queensland on corporate aspects of entitlement offers and hybrid issues
- the joint lead managers to Comet Ridge’s institutional placement
- Total Aviation Solutions on its asset acquisition of a US-based competitor
- Trade & Investment Queensland on the logistics and execution of an international 10 country higher education sector competition.
Esteban holds a Masters in Comparative Laws from University of Miami School of Law (USA), a Diploma in Legal Practice (Commendation) from The College of Law (UK) and a Bachelor in Laws Degree with honours from University College London (UK).