m 0401 014 058
David is a highly experienced legal adviser in international and domestic corporate transactions who has practised in Sydney for more than 16 years. David previously worked in the Corporate and Mergers & Acquisitions teams of two national firms and a United States based international firm. He has advised clients on complex regulated and unregulated corporate transactions in a range of industries and sectors.
In addition to David’s transaction work he regularly advises clients on general corporate matters including corporate restructuring, corporate finance (equity and debt), corporate governance, Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule compliance, employee incentive schemes, joint ventures and business structures.
David has acted for clients in the following matters:
- the equity investment in HumanForce Holdings Pty Ltd (an online workforce management solution provider) by Accel-KKR (a US based private equity investor in mid-market software and technology enabled serve providers)
- the sale of Selectus Pty Ltd (the largest privately owned national provider of novated leases and salary packaging administration services in Australia) to Smartgroup Corporation Ltd (ASX: SIQ)
- the acquisition by Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) (the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer products for lawn and garden care) of the retail business of Debco
- the acquisition by Global Payments Inc (NYSE: GPN) (one of the world’s largest electronic transaction processing companies) of Ezidebit
- the acquisition by NEP Supershooters Inc (a US based provider of mobile television studio services) of Global Television
- the acquisition by Bauer Media Group of ACP Magazines
- the off-market takeover of Coalworks Limited by Whitehaven Coal Limited
- the merger of Whitehaven Coal Limited and Aston Resources Limited by way of a scheme of arrangement
- the acquisition by Yancoal Australia Limited of various power and energy resources including the Ashton Coal Mines Joint Venture and the Syntech group of companies
- the acquisition by Stockland Limited of the Centro Hervey Bay Shopping Centre
- the acquisition by Noble Limited of Gloucester Coal Limited
- the acquisition by Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional (a Brazilian and NYSE listed steel company) of an interest in Riversdale Mining Limited (ASX: RIV)
- the acquisition by Leighton Holding Limited of Devine Limited (ASX: DVN)
- the internalisation of the management and group restructure of Macquarie Media Group
David holds a Diploma in Legal Practice from the College of Law (UK) and a Bachelors in Chemical Engineering with Honours Degree from the University of Nottingham (UK).