Head of Corporate
Charles has enjoyed a distinguished career with first tier firms in Australia and the Middle East and is a leading lawyer in Chambers Global and the Legal 500.
With over 20 years’ legal experience working on high value and complex transactions, Charles previously headed up the corporate teams of top 20 UK law firm Addleshaw Goddard, and Trowers & Hamlins in Oman.
He has worked on numerous cross border transactions across a wide range of sectors, on both inward and outbound investments involving European, North American, Asian and Middle East investors.
- Acting for a Middle East sovereign wealth fund on its acquisition of a minority interest in an oil and petroleum product trading company with offices in six countries in the Middle East, Asia and Europe;
- Acting for a private equity fund on its US$120m sale of an oilfield services company;
- Advising a consortium of two private equity funds and a Korean steel producer on establishing a US$100m steel pipe mill;
- Acting for a family owned group on a joint venture establishing a gypsum quarry with USG Corporation (US) and a gypsum wallboard factory;
- Acting for Tata Steel (India) on its joint venture arrangements for a limestone quarry;
- Acting for a private equity fund in a joint venture for a US$1 billion greenfield desalination and power plant in Oman;
- Acting for a Russian Government entity on its US$600m acquisition of shares in the Caspian Pipeline Consortium;
- Acting for an ASX listed mining company in a joint venture for a copper mining project in Oman;
- Acting for a French company on a US$180m project for the engineering and construction of a polymer flooding facility in Oman.
Charles holds a Masters of Business specialising in Corporate Finance and a Bachelors Degree in Law with Honours.
Charles is a recommended lawyer in Chambers Global and Legal 500:
“Charles Schofield has a strong reputation among clients and peers for his work across a range of corporate deals. Clients regard him as “an attentive, practical lawyer who gives good advice.” – Chambers Global 2016”
Named as a leading lawyer in Corporate and M&A – Legal 500