Ashley has over 16 years’ experience as a disputes lawyer. He has acted for clients across six continents including Australia, Europe, North Africa, Asia and the Americas on complex commercial litigation and international arbitration matters. Ashley spent 5 years living abroad in Dubai and Singapore while working with global law firms. Ashley’s current practice includes dispute matters across a number of sectors including energy and resources, financial services, technology, agribusiness, tourism, regulatory, insurance and product liability areas.
Past and present clients include iconic international and Australian corporations including The Boeing Company, UBS, Maersk, JPMorgan Chase, Mitsui, SanDisk, Imation, Deutsche Bank, Merck & Co, Morgan Stanley, Shell, Marriott Hotels, QGC, Suncorp Bank, QBE, Allianz, Cape, Saatchi & Saatchi, Dart Energy, Mirvac, Aurizon, SunWater, ASIC, Senex, Dubal, Myer Family Offices, Virgin Australia and One & Only Hotels.
The international scope of Ashley’s work has given him a valuable insight into cross-border disputes including international commercial arbitration in both common law and civil law jurisdictions. He has practical experience with most of the world’s renowned arbitration institutions including ICC, LCIA, SIAC, SCC and ICDR/AAA. Ashley partakes regularly in seminars including;
- International and Domestic Commercial Arbitration
- Foreign Bribery and the Ethical Implications
- Legal Communications and Undertakings Published articles include;
- Fast track arbitration – Law firm webpage
- Mediation-Arbitration – Law firm webpage
- Commercial Arbitration in Queensland – Law firm webpage
- Proctor (Queensland Law Society)
- Queensland Law Society Insurance/The St Paul Newsletter
- Insurance and Risk Professional
- Australian Property Law Bulletin
- The Medical Observer
Ashley was added to ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ Peer Review in 2014 for International Arbitration, Litigation, Insurance and product Liability Litigation.
Ashley holds Bachelor Degrees in Law and Arts and is a member of the Queensland Law Society (QLS), Australian Forum for International Arbitration (AFIA) – Executive Council Member, Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration (ACICA), Australian Insurance Law Association (AILA), and Institute of Arbitrators