Our specialities include:
- Commercial litigation including insolvency and Corporations Act matters
- Construction disputes
- Misleading and deceptive conduct, misrepresentation and fraud claims
- Claims based in equity including urgent injunction applications
- Class actions including defence strategy and advice on litigation funding
- Contentious regulatory proceedings including ATO, ASIC, Takeover Panel and overseas regulators
- Complex corporate disputes, including directors and shareholders
- Trust disputes
- Joint-venture and partnership disputes
- ICC Arbitration seated in Brisbane between a listed resources company and a global mining company concerning the sale of assets in Argentina.
- Acting for KordaMentha and FTI Consulting in insolvency matters in their respective roles as administrators and liquidators in various matters.
- Successful application to the Federal Court of Australia for orders seeking an extension of the convening period for the second creditors’ meeting in the external administration of ASX listed company, Black Oak Minerals Limited (Receivers and Managers Appointed)(Administrators Appointed).
- Successfully resisted an application to set aside statutory demand alleging a genuine dispute: Palmer Petroleum Pty Ltd v BGP Geoexplorer Pte Ltd  QSC 33.
- Successful defence of a A$21 million claim before the Supreme Court of Queensland under a FIDIC EPC contract (for a copper processing plant).
- Landmark Australian litigation which successfully argued a case in relation to an accelerated rights entitlement offer bookbuild dispute.
- Defending a shareholder in a A$30 million contract claim before the Supreme Court of Queensland.
- Acting for a North American aviation corporation with respect to obtaining expert evidence in Indonesia in connection with forum non conveniens application in the United States.
- Successful mediating a A$5 million claim between disputing company directors/shareholders/unit trust holders.
Ashley Hill, the head of the Dispute Resolution team, has been included in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 ‘Best Lawyers in Australia’ peer review in the areas of Litigation, Arbitration, Insurance and Product Liability.
Our global experience, together with our highly qualified te ..
The team at GRT Lawyers has successfully managed large and c ..
Click here to read our newsletter, 'The Specialist E-Ne ..