Mergers and Acquisitions
We advise on complex mergers and acquisitions for sophisticated national and international listed and unlisted companies in the resource and technology industries.
We have significant expertise in deal structuring and execution. We typically project manage, take responsibility for timetable management, organisation and the timing of different transaction stages to ensure the objectives of our clients are achieved in the best way possible.
A sample of our deal portfolio:
- Apiam Animal Health Limited (ASX:AHX) acquisition of 12 businesses and A$40 million IPO to form a vertically integrated animal health business with an initial market capitalisation of circa A$98.5 million.
- DateTix Group Limited (ASX:DTX) back-door listing into Enverro Limited (formerly ASX:ERR) resulting in a change to the scale and nature of activities from a software and services business to a mobile location based social platform.
- Acquisition of multiple New Zealand based services businesses in connection with an IPO and ASX listing.
- Omni Market Tide Limited (ASX:OMT) back-door listing of real time shareholder engagement technology business into SWW Energy Limited (ASX:SWW).
- Cedarfield Holdings Pty Ltd 90% takeover of winery business Swings and Roundabouts Limited for circa A$2.7 million.
- Polymetals Mining Limited A$30 million merger with Southern Cross Goldfields Limited (formerly ASX:SXG) via a scheme of arrangement.
- Discovery Metals Limited response to proposed $830 million joint takeover bid by Cathay Fortune Corporation and China-Africa Development Fund.
- Sayona Mining Limited (ASX:SYA) acquisition of the Itabela graphite project in South America.
- Cerro Resources Limited in relation to its scheme of arrangement with Canadian based Primero Mining Corporation (listed on TSX and NYSE).
- Cerro Resources NL (ASX) in relation to a merger with San Anton Resources Corporation for A$50 million.
- Meijin Energy Group Limited proposed takeover of DMC Mining Limited (ASX: DMM).
- Marubeni Coal Pty Ltd proposal to align its interest with Xstrata and separate acquisition of a A$300 million interest in Jellinbah Resources.
- Santana Minerals Limited:
-acquisition of a silver project in Mexico;
-off-market share sale of shares in Syndicated Metals Limited, purchase of a 49% interest in Queensland tenements (taking its interests to 100%) from Syndicated, on-sale of the 100% interest for shares in Midas Resources Limited (ASX) and the grant of a royalty in relation to the tenements.
- MCG Group successful bid and A$285 million acquisition of MDL 162 (a major coal asset) from the Queensland Government’s Stanwell Corporation Limited, including facilitation of strategic funding and FIRB approval advice.
- Meridian Minerals Limited:
-reverse takeover of Bellevue Resources Limited, and the acquisition of its major plant (from Ireland) required for the Lennard Shelf Project;
-later aggregation of its original asset portfolio and equity placements to Chinese State owned entity, Northwest Nonferrous International Investment Co Limited.
- Huddy’s Plant Hire sale to Industrea Limited for A$250 million.
- Laneway Resources Limited (ASX:LNY) farm-in and joint venture with Newcrest Mining to develop its gold project in New Zealand.
- MinQuest Limited (ASX:MNQ) earn in and acquisition of several copper / gold projects in Canada and Australia.
- Black Oak Minerals Limited (ASX:BOK) acquisition of the Manuka Silver Mine in New South Wales.
Our global experience, together with our highly qualified te ..
The team at GRT Lawyers has successfully managed large and c ..
Click here to read our newsletter, 'The Specialist E-Ne ..